Passionate to get a real estate license? Then note that, you must go through a specified process for that.
Well. Now, you may have a question, how long does it take to get a real estate license. You know the answer can’t be given in a word, the time is not specified yet.
In fact, it depends on several factors. Specially, the time you will give on the course will largely contribute here.
Not yet convinced? Then read our full article and be more informed.
How much time is needed to get a real estate license?
When you have decided to get a real estate license, one question can cross your mind, “How long does it take to get a real estate license?”
Basically, if you want to get a real estate license, it may take no less than several months.
But the actual time depends on you and the amount of time you are giving to that process.
That means the more time you dedicate to that license, the sooner you can get your license ready.
What are the factors on which the time depends?
There are some factors on which the time depends to get your real estate license. You must have knowledge of those facts.
- The number of hours for the courses that your real estate needs.
- Whether you are eager to take any courses in the classroom or from any “online real estate school”.
- How long the process of the state application is!
These are the factors that determine the amount of time that is required for getting your real estate license.
The general requirements:
When you are trying to get the real estate license, you must need to fulfill some requirements.
However, these requirements may have variations according to different states. But the main criteria which you have to meet are given below:
- Your age should not be less than 18 years, but according to some other states, you must be at least 19 years old to get the license of real estate.
- You must have a US residency which is legal.
- You have to complete the requirements of education; the length of your education may vary significantly from one state to another state.
- You must pass the exam for your real estate license.
These are the simple requirements that you must have to fulfill in order to get the real estate license.
There are a few other criteria that should be fulfilled and to fulfill them properly you will need a bit of time.
Your education on the license of real estate:
You know that education is an important matter. Through education, things may vary at a maximum rate.
In the case of the license of real estate, the process of education can vary everything the most.
The rules and regulations for education vary from state to state as each state has its own rules and regulations.
So, you just have to work to search things out like in a particular state of yours what is needed when you are trying to get the license of real estate.
Let us consider an example for clearing the concept, two courses are required for Idaho. Those courses take almost 90 hours of college to complete.
On the other hand, five courses are required for Texas and those courses take almost 180 hours to complete.
In addition, California requires three courses which take 135 hours to complete.
Actually, it doesn’t matter the place you are in and the time it takes to complete the requirements of education in order to get the real estate license of the place you live, the education of yours is going to cover each aspect of the real estate virtually.
You may ask what are those subjects that can be covered. Well, those subjects are:
- Contracts and leases
- The art of listing as well as pricing
- Finding as well as counseling the buyers and the sellers
- The principles of business management
- The laws of real estate
- The ethics of real estate
- Disclosure procedures and guidelines and so more.
Basically, your education on real estate will cover all the things which are the agent of real estate.
Thus you will be able to gain knowledge about the guidelines as well as laws that you need to follow as working as an agent.
Moreover, you will get the instruction so that you can build yourself up as a better agent.
Finally, you can get your real estate license and start your work with confidence as an agent.
Taking an exam of the real estate license:
After completing the requirements related to education, you have to participate in the exam.
Once you are done with the exam and pass the exam of your school of real estate, you have to complete the exam of state licensing.
Finally, after passing all the exams, the permission of the license will be given to you and you will get your license of real estate.
The time is taken to get the license:
Well, after passing all the steps you will be able to get your license. So, it is clear that time varies from person to person.
The faster you can fulfill the requirements; the sooner you can get the license of real estate.
However, if you are quite serious then the requirements related to education will need between four to six months to complete.
Through the article, we’ve discussed the details about the time required and the steps you need to follow to get the real estate license.
So, till now, you already know that the time that is required to get the license varies from person to person.
If you are able to complete the steps as soon as possible, then it will not need much time for you to obtain the license.
I hope this article was helpful to you. And when you are trying to get a license for real estate, this article is going to help you a lot.
If you have any confusion, or any questions in your mind while reading this article, please let us know.
We will be pleased to help you.
John has been writing on financial topics from the beginning of his career in finance. He spent nearly five years as an emerging markets analyst in The USA and has written on a wide range of finance related topics.
- Investment professional with 8-year track record of delivering high-impact financial communications solutions
- Skill set includes financial writing, equity research, institutional marketing, and content strategy
- Experienced in developing custom content and thought leadership pieces to support business objectives while promoting brand awareness
- John earned his bachelor in science degree and master’s in business administration. He holds a CFA charter.